Stolen N400m: We Won’t Cover Up, Investigation Will Be Make Public – Military

Nigerian Army

The Defence Headquarters, Abuja, on Tuesday, said the outcome of the ongoing investigations, of the former General Officer Commanding, 8 Division, Maj. Gen Hakeem Otiki, over alleged diversion of over N400m by five runaway soldiers in the division would be made public.

The acting Director, Defence Information, Col Onyema Nwachukwu, who stated this in Abuja during a press conference, added that investigations were ongoing and Nigerians would be duly informed at the end.

It had earlier been reported on Monday that the army began the quizzing of its former GOC following the missing N400m said to have been stolen by five escort soldiers.

The five soldiers, Corporal Gabriel Oluwaniyi, Corporal Mohammed Aminu, one Corporal Haruna, Oluji Joshua and Hayatudeen, had been confirmed to have carted away a consignment containing the money, while on an escort duty from Sokoto State to Kaduna State in the first week of July.

The Defence spokesman said on Tuesday that investigations were ongoing.

Nwachukwu said,“The event of suspected soldiers’ disappearance with some amount of money is being investigated by the appropriate authorities. As I speak to you, there is an investigation going on that matter and at the end of it, the outcome will be made public when it is concluded. I will not like to pre-empt the outcome by speaking elaborately on it.”

Author Signature for Posts

Facebook Comments

READ ALSO:  APC Rejects Omo-Agege's PA :Saying He Should Quit.

Let Zebra News help your business/brand reach a wider audience. Advertise with us today! Contact Our Marketing Team; Tel: 08062622328, 07083662767. Email: zebranewsng@gmail.com